Summer is over! It is time to move on to the fall semester!

Overall, this research program was an entirely new experience to me. I enjoyed having control of my method and my work schedule, but too much freedom might’ve been a curse for me. I feel like I could have done more if I had started working with the same vigor that I had these past 3 weeks from the beginning. Alas, even Leonardo Di Vinci admitted to being a procrastinator.

Now that I know what I’m doing, I definitely plan to continue working on this project. I really learned to admire Janine’s skills with ArcGIS, and I would like to get better using the program. I might do a few tutorials on it and try to really get the hang of it. I want to add more states to my analyses and I would like to look at other characteristics. This is an interesting question, and I hope to further explore it.

I learned some new and valuable skills this summer. All of the technology will improve my research/class work (especially the text analyses!). I think this summer has worked to improve my overall workflow as well.

There’s really not too much to say other than I had a good summer filled with long nights and a lot of maps! I would recommend this program to other students!

Signing off–